REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN A POOL COVER
SAVE TIME & MONEY WITH A SWIMMING POOL COVER
Pool covers are a ‘must have’ when it comes to owning a pool and can dramatically save you time, water and money. For a reasonably priced investment, the rewards far exceed the cost. Here at Palm Beach pools our team are the best pool builders Gold Coast has on offer when it comes to swimming pool cover options. Today we are going to share with you some of the benefits to having a swimming pool cover or pool blanket.
The benefits of investing in a swimming pool cover are:
- Increase water efficiency – pool covers reduce excess heat and contain moisture which avoids water evaporation by up to 95% resulting in savings on your water bill
- Increase water cleanliness – pool covers limit the amount of leaves, debris and bugs landing in your water which also reduces the likelihood of algae growth
- Maintain water temperature – when the outdoor temperature drops overnight, the pool water temperature will also drop. A pool cover helps to keep the heat in which can save you on heating and electricity costs.
- Reduce chemical usage – By limiting the amount of debris and algae in the water, your pool will stay cleaner for longer which can cut down on the amount of chemicals needed to keep the pool clean
- Reduce time spent on maintenance – All of the above benefits means you will be spending less time refilling, heating and cleaning the water which gives you more time to relax and enjoy your pool
Pool covers come in a range of different materials, shapes, sizes and ease of use which include:
STANDARD WINTER COVER
A standard winter cover is the cheapest option on the market and is made from a tarp-like material. This option will keep out sunlight and debris however this material is not very attractive or durable and will need to be replaced at least once a year. The cover holds very little weight which means it cannot be walked on and can be dangerous for children and animals. This option also requires a pump to avoid the cover from caving in due to a build up of water on top.
SECURITY POOL COVER
Security covers are the most popular option and look similar to a trampoline. They are made from two different materials:
- Mesh – While this material is very durable (lasting between 10-15 years), supports a great amount of weight and keeps debris out, rain water does pass through into the pool. This means there is no need for a pump, however this can dirty the water resulting in extra cleaning effort when you’re ready to use the pool again.
- Solid Vinyl – This material will last between 6-10 years and will not let any debris or water pass through so your water will stay clean. However, because the water does not pass through, you will need a pump on top which will need replacing every 2-4 years.
AUTOMATIC POOL COVERS
Automatic covers are the most expensive option as they are fantastic solar covers and give you constant protection against debris and dirty rain water. In fact, they can be so effective that they can heat the water a little too warm. So much so that it feels more like taking a bath than having a refreshing dip in the pool. This option is also less durable as the material will need replacing every five years, and the many mechanical components may require repairs from time to time.
Head on over to Daisy Pool Covers and check out their range of pool covers which are all catered to suit the specific requirements you may have.
Consider speaking with your number one pool builder Gold Coast has, Palm Beach Pools. Our team will help you decide which option would be best for you. Whichever cover you decide on, you can rest assured that it will save you time, money and water in the long run. Contact us today!